Friday, September 18, 2009

IT IS TOO LATE


This is the boldest, coldest part.
The part that always tears my heart.

To finally have fully understood,
That we lost what could
Have been our love’s light.

Lost to the wind
In just one short night.

We could have made more than friends,
We could have made love back then,
We could have made what would have been,
Our love, our life, and again two friends.

It could have happened that way then,
Now it is too late to begin again.

Life is now closer to the end,
Than it was when then was then.

If I could now begin again,
Instead of making you my dearest friend,
I would make you what could have been,
Our true, wonderful wind.

The wind that fills lover’s sails,
The wind for our wedding bells,
The wind that shapes the flowing tell tales,
Our wind, OUR wind that could never have failed.

Now you have your sweet husband, and I my lovely wife,

In our separate worlds we have had a lovely life.

Still I will always wonder, wonder what could have been,

Had we paid attention to that wind,

Before now, before this friendly, bitter end.

No comments:

Post a Comment